Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hope for Mozambique

 
Leaving Mozambique, I feel satisfied with the relationships which I formed with my work colleges and neighbors and what they taught me about health and the Mozambican culture. I even feel satisfied with what I did to help train health educators and to promote healthy living in my community. However, I feel as if I carry a burden as well; a responsibility to my Mozambican colleagues and the Mozambican youth, to continue to advocate for the world's poorest communities.

This is more than just a burden - it is a calling for everyone to help the poor. In Psalm 82:3 God's people are instructed to "give justice to the poor and the orphan; uphold the rights of the oppressed and the destitute." So please pray for the Mozambican people and have faith because there is hope in their future. I have seen it in the eyes of the children and in the words of the youth; in the perseverance of the sick and in the strength of the widows; in the faith of the church and in the abundant kindness of an impoverished people.

"Pray without ceasing..."

No comments:

Post a Comment